Lodging Nearby / Directions / Event Parking
- The Carolina Inn is the well-known on-campus option, half a mile distance to the Alumni Center.
- The Franklin Hotel is located on Franklin Street a mile away and offers outstanding amenities.
- A more recent addition to lodging options, the AC Hotel located on Rosemary Street about a mile away , contemporary architecture with local art, including a community mural.
- Pet-friendly hotel featuring loft-inspired design located just down the road from campus, approximately a mile and a half away, however if you walk please know there is steady incline up to South Road and onto campus.
Directions to the Carolina Club
Access to the Club by vehicle with GPS
To reach the circular drive in front of Hill Alumni Center:
• Enter 150 Stadium Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
To reach the Rams Head parking garage, serving guests of the Club:
• Enter 104 Ridge Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Coming from Durham
Take 15-501 South by-pass; cross over the Hwy 54 bridge, at the second light turn right onto Manning Dr. Turn right at the first traffic light onto Ridge Rd. Turn left into the Ramshead Deck.
Coming from Pittsboro
Take 15-501 by-pass North. Turn left onto Manning Dr. then turn right at first traffic light onto Ridge Rd. Turn left into the Ramshead Deck.
Coming from Raleigh and RDU Airport
Take I-40 West to Exit 273A (Hwy 54 West/Dean Smith Center) toward Chapel Hill & UNC. Drive under the Hwy 15-501 bridge then turn left at the first light onto Country Club Rd. Take an immediate right-hand turn onto Ridge Rd. Go past Boshamer Baseball Stadium on your left and Stadium Dr. on your right. Pass the tunnel entrance then turn right into the Ramshead Deck.
Coming from Greensboro
Take I-40 East then take exit 273-A; turn right onto Hwy 54 West. Drive under the Hwy 15-501 Bridge then turn left at the first light onto Country Club Road. Take an immediate right onto Ridge Road. Go past Boshamer Baseball Stadium on your left and Stadium Drive on your right. Pass the tunnel entrance then turn right into Ramshead Deck.
The Ramshead Deck is the primary parking facility for The Carolina Club.
- Parking charges are $1.75 per hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the Ramshead Deck.
- Entry is from Ridge Rd at the gates specifically marked for entry. Also facing Ridge Rd is a large tunnel which leads to the Kenan Field house. Members and guests should avoid this access.
- Upon entering, pull a time-stamped ticket from the automated machine. You may pay upon exit using the automated pay machine at the exit gate, or by stopping at the attended booth (during hours.)
- For the most convenient access to the Club, park in the spaces nearest the Hill Alumni Center & Carolina Club walkway, on the uppermost 3rd level of the Ramshead Deck. To find these spaces look for directional signs immediately after you have pulled the entry ticket. From the exit at the 3rd level, members and guests have a flat route to the Club with no stairs.
- Thank you for understanding that parking operations are under the jurisdiction of UNC Department of Public Safety and their contracted partners. The Carolina Club and Alumni Center staff work closely with DPS with the goal of providing accommodating and service-oriented parking options for our Members and guests.
DISABILITY PLACARD Parking Spaces
There are reserved spaces in the Ramshead Deck beside each stair/elevator and at the Hill Alumni Center walkway. From these spaces, or any near the elevators, members will be able to proceed to the Club without having to climb stairs. There are also spaces reserved for those with a valid disability placard in the Stadium Drive traffic circle at the main entrance into the Alumni Center. These spaces are available on a first-come basis.
Payment options upon exit
- Cash – may be used via the Attendant during staffed hours or at the Automated Payment Machine after hours.
- Credit Card – may be used via the Attendant during or at the Automated Payment Machine after hours.